- Make sure you have Java turned on in your browser.
- Enter required information.
- Click "Calculate" to get the answers.
- The calculators will give accurate results only for rectangular shaped objects.
- Box Dimensions Calculator: Figures out third dimension of a box, given two known dimensions, required internal volume and material thickness. For example, if you have the length and height of a part of your trunk, and need to figure out the width of the box: Enter the two dimensions you have measured, enter the internal volume, and the thickness of the wood. If you are placing objects inside the box, such as braces, or a piece of wood to separate the box into two independent boxes for two woofers, use the "Solid Object Volume Calculator."
- Solid Object Volume Calculator: Figures out volume of an object to be placed inside a box. Then add result to "required internal volume" in the "Box dimensions Calculator".
- Conversion Factors: Metric to English units, Cubic inches to cu ft, etc.
|- cu in / 1728||=||Cubic feet|
|- cu ft x 1728||=||Cubic inches|
|- cu ft x 28320||=||Cubic centimeters|
|- cm x 0.394||=||Inches|
|- in x 2.540||=||Centimeters|
|- ft x 30.48||=||Centimeters|
|- ft x .3048||=||Meters|
|- m x 3.281||=||Feet|
|Power Cable Calculator|
Draw of System
|Up to 4 ft.||4 to 7 ft.||7 to 10 ft.||10 to 13 ft.||13 to 16 ft.||16 to 22 ft.||22 to 28 ft.|
|0 - 20||14||12||12||10||10||8||8|
|20 - 35||12||10||8||8||6||6||4|
|35 - 50||10||8||8||6||4||4||4|
|50 - 65||8||8||6||4||4||4||2|
|65 - 85||6||6||4||4||2||2||0|
|85 - 105||6||6||4||2||2||2||0|
|105 - 125||4||4||4||2||0||0||0|
|125 - 150||2||2||2||0||0||0||00|
|The above chart shows wire gauges to be
used if no less than a .5 volt drop is accepted.
Cable size calculation takes into account terminal connection resistance.